We have excellent contacts in the Bordeaux area. We can tailor-made some great wine tasting experiences for all levels. We can arrange:
- An English speaking chauffeur quite knowledgeable about wine and knowing all wine areas like the back of his hand. The chauffeur would take the clients to the different properties that we have set up for them. Once on site the clients will be welcomed by a wine expert from the property.
- A tour guide specialized in wine and also sightseeing in the area.
- A wine expert who can spend the day with your clients and give them insightful knowledge about wines, terroir, properties etc. This expert will also often be able to open doors to some of the most difficult properties to visit and arrange very high end tasting. He can also arrange wine classes. From the beginner level to more in depth for the most connoisseurs clients.
This morning your private driver-guide will meet you at your hotel & you will depart for a full day tour of one of the gems of the area: Saint Emilion. Saint Emilion is located approx. 45mins from Bordeaux. It is one of the most picturesque villages in France & also one of the major red wine areas of the Bordeaux wine region.
You will start the day with a walking tour of the medieval village with its quaint & narrow streets, UNESCO world heritage buildings, unique monolithic underground church, the Cordeliers Cloister...we suggest you climb to the top of the king’s tower from where you can enjoy a superb view of the surrounding vineyards.
We also encourage you to taste one of the specialties of the village: Macarons.
We will arrange a wine tasting & lunch at a Grand Cru wine property (depending on availability) located just outside of the village from where you will be able to admire the breathtaking views.
After lunch, we will take you to another Grand Cru wine property for a tour of the impressive underground cellars before a tasting.
Back to your hotel at the end of the day.
This morning your private driver-guide will meet you at your hotel & you will depart for a full day tour of the most famous wine areas in the world: Le Medoc.
You will enjoy a drive along the scenic Route des Chateaux through evocative villages such a Moulis, Listrac, Margaux, Saint Julien, Pauillac, Saint Estèphe. You will see some of the most beautiful properties & wine estates such as Mouton Rothschild, Pontet Canet, Cos d'Estournel, Lynch Bages, Pichon Longueville, & many more. There are more than 1200 wine estates in this part of France all with the same ultimate goal: quality.
We will arrange 3 visits & tastings at Grand Cru properties (please let us know if you have any preferences) along with lunch at one of the wine growers hang outs. Back to your hotel at the end of the day.
SAMPLE ITINERARY PUT TOGETHER BY OUR WINE EXPERT
FOR VIRTUOSO (Obviously this itinerary is subject
to availability and is one among numerous that
can be tailor-made).
- 9h45: Pick up at the hotel and drive to the route des vins
- 10h30: Private visit and tasting at Chateau Mouton Rothschild 1er Grand Cru Classé in Pauillac
- 12h30: Lunch at the gastronomic restaurant Le Savoie in the village of Margaux The creative cuisine with Margaux wines
- 14h00: Private visit and tasting at Château Pontet Canet Grand Cru classé in Pauillac the competitor of Chateau Mouton Rothschild
- 16h15: Private visit and tasting at Château Cos d’Estournel Grand Cru Classé in Saint-Estephe leader of this appellation with their spectacular wines and unique cellar
- 18h00: Drive back to the Hotel
- 9h45: Pick up at the hotel and drive to Saint-Emilion
- 10h30: Private wine tasting course in the “Petit Salon” of Vignobles Chateaux the leading wine store in Bordeaux
- 12h45: Gourmet Lunch at the restaurant Grand Barrail for a food and wine pairing experience
- 15h00: Private visit at Château Beau-Séjour Bécot 1er Grand Cru Classé of Saint-Emilion with discovery of their underground cellars followed by a barrel tasting and other vintage from the cellar
- 16h00: Private visit and tasting at Château Bourgneuf Vayron of Pomerol with a comparative tasting of five different vintages
- 17h00: Comparative tasting of 3 prestigious properties of Bordeaux on older vintages
- 18h00: Drive back to the hotel
- 9h30: Pick up at the hotel and drive to Sauternes
- 11h00: Private visit and tasting at the prestigious Château Yquem 1er Grand Cru classé of Sauternes
- 12h30: Culinary Lunch at le Saprien Restaurant fine French restaurant located on the foothills of Chateau Guiraud for a Sauternes and food pairing discovery
- 15h30: Private visit and tasting at Château Branon Grand Cru Classé of Pessac Léognan the garage wine of this appellation! Three vintages with one barrel sampling will be on
- 16h15: Private visit and tasting at Château Haut Bailly Grand Cru Classé of Pessac Léognan with a comparative tasting of 4 different vintages
- 17h30: Drive back to the hotel
- 9h15: Pick up at the hotel and drive to Cognac
- 11h00: Private visit at La Maison Remy Martin for a Louis XIII experience tasting and discovery
- 12h30: Private invitation only lunch at The VIP corner of La Maison Rémy Martin for a food and cognac pairing experience
- 15h00: Private visit and tasting at Cognac Delamain the smallest and higher quality cognac factory that still carries some of the oldest cognac
- 17h00: Back to Saint-Emilion for a private tasting at Vignobles & Chateaux
- 18h00: Drive back to the hotel
- End of the program