The Dordogne area can be reached directly from Paris by train (Paris – Brive – about 4 hour ride) or by car (about 6 hour drive) but most of the time the clients take the TGV to Bordeaux and then drive to the Dordogne area (a good 2.5 hour drive). We often recommend the clients to stay in Sarlat. One because it a very charming town with a great atmosphere and it is centrally located to go on day trips each day.
We recommend the following sight seeing:
- The Caves (Lascaux, Rouffignac, Font de Gaume, Grand Roc)
- A day to Rocamadour and the famous Gouffre de Padirac
- A day to Collonges-la-Rouge and area
- A day to beautiful villages (la Roque Gageac, Beynac, Domme, Castelnaud)
- St. Génies, Lascaux, St Léon sur Vézère, La Roque St. Christophe et Maison Forte de Reignac.
In Dordogne, we can arrange private guided tours (half day, full day) but also cooking classes, ballooning, kayaking, canoeing, and biking.