Specialized tour guides based in Provence — Shore excursions available
Clients usually arrive in Avignon from Paris—the TGV takes 2 hours and 40 minutes. (Note: the station is about 4 miles away from the center of town.) Avignon and its surroundings are the most central location from which to sightsee and explore Provence, though some clients will wish to arrive in Marseille or Aix en Provence. (the TGV station in Aix is about 10miles away from downtown). Aix en Provence is a must see as well as the Vieux Port area and Notre-Dame de la Garde in Marseille.
We arrange sightseeing in:
- Les Alpilles: Baux de Provence, St Remy, Arles
- Le Luberon: hilltop villages such as Gordes, Joucas, Roussillon
- Lavender fields during the summer: the Senanque Abbey, Cork Museum/wine tasting
- Camargue: beautiful marshes, wild horses, bird watching
- Les dentelles de Montmirail area (north of Avignon) not as well known
- Visits to Aix en Provence, Cassis, and the famous Calanques
In Provence, we can arrange olive oil and wine tastings; bicycle rides; hot air ballooning; cooking classes; hiking; and art-themed tours. We can also make private arrangements at le Pont du Gard, the Palace of the Popes, and the Cezanne workshop.